At Doral, we are committed to the environment. Therefore, we have invested close to $1 million in a project for energy conservation, implementing efficient lighting in our central office building and integrating initiatives that directly impact our work environment.
Here are some of the benefits to the environment that have resulted from our efforts:
- Savings of almost 1.5 Kwh per year. This represents the energy consumption of around 1,264 houses per year and results in almost 5 million pounds of CO2 avoided.
- Reduction of 50% of waste thanks to our paper recycling program, for a total of 99,886 pounds of recycled paper.
- Reduction in the use of plastic bottles by our employees with the installation of water filters in our office.
- Recycling and donation of electronic equipment to non-profit organizations, eliminating 13 thousand pounds of waste from our landfills.
- 849 trees saved
- 349 gallons of water saved