Advice on purchasing insurance for you and your family:
- define what you want to insure
- define against which type of risks you want to take provisions; in the case of your properties, this could include: vandalism, theft, fire, hurricane, flood or earthquakes, among others; in the event of life and/or public liabilities, you should consider illness, disability or your legal responsibility in case of damages caused to third parties, among others; determine if you have special circumstances to consider and discuss them with your insurance agent
- verify that your insurance agent and insurance company are certified by the Commisioner of Insurance of P.R.
- be sure to be totally aware of every detail of the insurance policy you are purchasing
- understand your insurance plan