Credit and Debit Card Security
Doral is in a constantly watches out for you and your finances, and makes a big effort to make sure that your financial matters are accurate and transparent. That's why we educate you in important aspects, such as security for you and your money. Your credit and debit cards are very useful and convenient, but can also affect you if not used correctly. Let us help you with how to use your card in order to feel completeley safe when using them.
Here is some useful advice so the use of your credit and debit cars is both secure and free of any risks:
- Never share your PIN "Personal Identification Number" with other person (Including personal of the bank).
- When selecting or changing the PIN, consider the following: The PIN selected should not be an obvious number, or one easily associated with your person (for example: date of birth, telephone number, social security number, etc.).
- Make sure that nobody watches you entering the PIN. If you have some suspicion you can your PIN in any of our branches.
- Memorize the PIN and do not write it behind the card.
- Sign all cards as soon you have received them.
- Always know where your cards are and keep them in a safe place.
- Don't give your account number over the phone unless you know the company and you made the call.
- Destroys all expired cards.
- Do not loose site of your card during each transaction, and make sure the merchant return it after completing the same one.
- Make sure to pick up your card when finish any transactions in ATM machine.
- Keep all receipts purchase until you have reconciled your account statement. When you are about to dispose them, make sure to destroy them so the number of the card you is not visible.
- Never lend your card to anybody.
- Review your mail frequently if you are waiting for a new card or replacement.
- When you use your credit card to buy in the Internet, verify that it is a secured "site". Search the key and lock symbols on the screen.
- Notify the bank when you change your address or telephone number.
Call us immediately in case of loss or robbery of your card by calling to (787) 749-7000 or 1 (877) MI-DORAL.
Review periodically the activity of your account and verify your statements to identify any that does not match. In the event you do not recognize any charge, you most contact TeleDoral immediately, and submit a write claim. All claim must be made in writing to the Bank between (60) days of statement receipt.